Crucible Manufacturing Machine
POWERJAC a leading manufacturers of Hydraulic equipment in India has indigenously designed and manufactured couple of Crucible manufacturing hydraulic machine fully automated.
The machine can produce Resin-bonded silicon carbide crucible which are used in Non-ferrous metal industries/ foundries.
The hydraulic machine is computerised PLC controlled and equipped HMI for cycle time and quantum of production done.
The machine frame is fabricated from mild steel plates FE 410 W IS 226, welded construction, specially designed for maximum rigidity. The frame is machined and bored to get maximum accuracy and also houses the main cylinder.
The horizontal carrier is fabricated from mild steel plates FE 410 W IS 226, and is accurately machined.
The main vertical column is machined / ground and houses with main vertical cylinder which provides the former motions vertically.
The former is manufactured from special alloy steel and machined which is inserted inside the vertical column and the adaptor is inserted inside the spindle and lastly the former is inserted inside the adaptor.
The rotary table is coupled to the gear box and is equipped with thrust and roller bearing.
The support rollers are fitted on horizontal bed and the same is adjusted as per the diameter of the rotary drum.
Sequence Of Operation
- The former is at top and horizontal carrier is at back. After initiating the cycle the former comes forward and stops above the centre of the running cup.
- The former starts coming down and at the same time the running cup starts rotating at low speed Former stops at predetermined position. Pre-weight mix is filled in the mould.
- On pressing 'start cycle' button running cup starts rotating at high speed and former starts lowering down.
- At preset position of the speed of the former reduces and it lowers down at a slow speed. Former reaches down. After a dwell of few seconds, the former starts going backward to form wall thickness.
- On forming the desired wall thickness the concerned limit switch operates and the former goes down further to form base thickness.
- Bottom L/S operates and after a dwell the former starts coming forward to the centre of the mould.
- After reaching to the centre the former starts going up at fast speed. On reaching top, the former goes back at fast speed.
- This is the end of the cycle. The cycle can also be run in Manual mode.
The machine is safe guarded with Electrical and Hydraulic safety.